Sizing in women's apparel is very challenging, we truly get it. The information below is intended to give you guidance so that you can find what works best for you in our Dovetail work pants.
A) BUST- Measure around the fullest part of the bust
B) WAIST- Measure around waist at the narrowest point
C) HIPS- Stand with your feet together and measure around the fullest part of your hips
D) INSEAM- Measure the distance from your inner thigh to the bottom of your ankle
SELECT YOUR PANT STYLE
OUR DENIM PANTS RUN TRUE OR SLIGHTLY LARGE. OUR CANVAS PANTS RUN SMALL.
Black Flex: True to size
Grey Stretch Canvas: Go up 1 size
Maven Slim Pant
Indigo Power Flex: Runs large; order down* 1 size
Black Flex: True to Size
Grey Stretch Canvas: Go up 1-2 sizes
Day Construct Pant
Brown Stretch Canvas: True to size/runs slightly small
Britt Utility Pant
Reinforced Indigo Denim: True to size
Grey Stretch Canvas: Go up 1 size Natural Stretch Canvas: Go up 1 size
- All of the info above is general. Women’s sizing varies greatly depending on shape and fit preferences.
- If you need more guidance email email@example.com.
- Kate, our founder, is our fit model and seen in many of website product images. She's 5'7" tall and has a 27” waist and a 38” hip. Her inseam is 30”. She weighs 133 pounds.
- Kate wears a size 4 in the Maven Slim Indigo Power Flex denim and a size 6 in the Maven Slim & Freshley Overall in Black Flex denim. She wears a size 6 in all of Dovetail's canvas workpant styles.
- When you try on your pants in any style for the first time, there should be minimal gapping in the back of the waistband nor extra fabric around/below the crotch. They should fit like they just came out of a hot dryer--very fitted in the waist and hips. When sized right, the fabric will conform to your body over time, but not bag out like some fashion stretch jeans do.
- Because our denim and other fabrics are premium, they do not lose shape over time. Our stretch fabrics mold to the body due to very high shape memory (proven through lab testing).
How do other Dovetail products fit?
- Knit Tops, Hoodies, T-shirts — True to size. All of our shirt patterns are intentionally cut and sized with the feminine form in mind. We ensure that your mid-section is well covered even while bending and moving.
- Reversible Beanie — a moderate fit accommodating most head sizes, with intentionally unisex sizing and styling. (We just have to add that the feel of the Merino wool is DREAMY. And no itchiness!)
- Double-pronged Belts — these unisex belts come in 2 lengths: XS/S and M/L. The XS/S measures 37” from leather end to leather end, excluding the buckle, and fits sizes 000~8. The M/L measures 43”, and fits sizes 8~18.
- Gloves — Designed with a woman's hand in mind, big or small. Comes in sizes XS-L. With 4-way stretch.